✨The core idea of SuperAMA series is to dive deeper into unexplored areas of talented minds & try to find that nerve as in 'what makes awesome people, awesome!'.
- To solve a huge problem that positively impacts millions of people
- To make a difference in this world
Tell us the story of Evibe.
- We wanted to plan our wedding online (Yelp for weddings)
- Nothing existed back then. So, we decided to solve the problem
- Later found PMF for small events and pivoted to building “Amazon for celebrations”
With offline events taking a huge hit, how is Evibe dealing with COVID?
- We tried many experiments and built a virtual party platform instaparty.app
- We are thrilled to see thousands of kids & parents experience the future of celebrations from a wide variety of places across India and abroad
- Offline events are now back to 30% pre-covid level and we expect it to come back 100% next year
How does your WFH setup look like?😍📸
What are you currently working on? 🚀
- I am currently experimenting with a new idea in social gaming.
What are your favorite books?
- I love Shoe Dog, Trillion Dollar Coach, Thinking in bets, Becoming, The hard thing about hard things
- I am very excited to explore books on stoicism next.
How does your app stack look like?
- I use Audible, Notion, Twitter, Calendar, Meditation app Joy, Google podcast, Youtube for learning, Gaana for music and a few physical books for day plan/review, habit tracking, sharing gratitude and journaling learnings/reflection.
What's your playbook for success?
I still have a long way to go but so far these qualities helped me:
- Being ambitious
- Taking risks
- 100% commitment
- Discovering a higher purpose in life and aligning all the life decisions to it
- Believing in yourself and people around you
Who are some entrepreneurs you look up to?
There are many in the west but in India, I look up to Vivekananda from Bounce. He came from a small town and hustled his way to build a great business. He always strives for open access to more founders. Above all, he is a great human and I would love to follow his footsteps.
Being an Entrepreneur is hard, were there any 'low phases' in your life as an entrepreneur? How did you overcome them? 💪
- I would say there are many “No”s and rejections we face as an entrepreneur. And I just focused on things that are in our control and took action. It has given me many learnings and also made me a better human.
- Also, a closed circle of peers/mentors to reach out and share regularly was very helpful in this journey.
Some advice for budding founders.
Operate in a BIG market and just focus on your users, rest will fall in place.
Lastly, what's your favorite movie? 🎬
KGF for a power-packed story and all the elevations.
Pick Swathi’s brain🧠 on Superpage - https://superpage.to/swathi
That’s all for today folks, we had fun doing this AMA - hope you did too. Subscribe to stay in the loop with upcoming SuperAMAs⚡️.